Regulatory and Tax Services, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
The Regulatory and Tax Services Associate role within Global Services is responsible for preparing various Australian tax and regulatory reporting packages in accordance with established procedures. The role involves interaction with various units locally and overseas. The Associate should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment. Accuracy, timeliness and delivery of client service are imperative in this position with increased focus towards quality controls, documentation and process improvements.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Regulatory and Tax Services Senior Assc, you will:
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tax and regulatory reports (e.g. taxable/distributable income calculations, financial statements etc)
- Ensure that allocated client reporting is completed and submitted for review on a timely basis
- Maintain records on systems
- Answer and handle issues and queries and escalate as needed; acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables
- Liaising with internal clients to obtain information where required
- Act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures
- Independently follow process documentation such as process flows, Standard Operating procedures (SOPs)
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or above
- Experience in a Taxation & Regulatory services or financial services environment an advantage
- Understanding of managed investment funds
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products
- Detailed oriented individual capable of performing in a high pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Internal Systems, MS office (excel, word)
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines
- Overtime may be required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.