Alternative Investment Fund Accounting, AVP
6 days left
- Experience level
Who we are looking for
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group. The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. The position is responsible for managing client relationships and managing and directing the overall accounting and administration for several client sponsored.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting, Assistant Vice President you will
- Manage day-to-day communications with contacts of several clients, including investment professionals, client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers, etc
- Direct and/or indirect management and supervision of all subordinate staff levels
- Coordinate discussion and documentation of portfolio investment valuations with clients, as necessary
- Full review of accounting and tax work paper packages, financial statements and other reports and communications for one or more clients
- Coordinate and manage annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms, including negotiation or review of fees, as necessary
- Thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents, including complete understanding of partnership allocations and distribution waterfalls
- Ensure the development and implementation of training for all levels of accounting staff and management
- Coordinate and liaise with other operating groups (investor communications, financial reporting, tax, etc) to ensure effective communication among operating groups
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure client deadlines are met, perform regulatory filings RCS, BCL, CSSF ect.
- Assist with execution and implementation of FASB and other technical accounting pronouncements, as necessary
- Represent State Street at periodic client meetings, present and discuss business results and initiatives
- Participate in industry sponsored trade shows, seminars and other events.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
What we value
- Experience in the private equity or real assets industry and financial reporting experience or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the Luxembourg regulatory environment is desirable.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong working experience in Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- College degree in accounting. Professional accounting qualification preferably ACA, ACCA
- Substantial previous fund accounting experience, including managerial experience.
- Previous auditing experience and / or coming directly from business.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English – any other major European languages are an advantage.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.