Senior Associate, EY Absolute
5 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
EY Absolute is a fast growing, managed service team within EY providing payroll, book keeping, management accounts, corporate tax, VAT and statutory accounting functions for a wide range of clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the management accounting team. The role will be based in the UK&I Delivery Centre in Belfast and focused on delivering client services.
Your key responsibilities
- Ensure all bookkeeping activity for multiple clients has been completed in accordance with the clients schedule
- Preparation of financial and management accounts in accordance with client’s schedules
- Preparation of tax compliance reporting for multiple corporate clients
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with clients
- Be a proactive member of the EY Absolute Service Delivery Team
- Identifying and resolving any errors as appropriate
- Performing other related duties as required
- Learning to quickly understand and use several different finance management software applications
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for individuals with a recent qualification in ACA, ACCA or CIMA who have some experience in either industry or practise.
To qualify for the role you must have
Knowledge and experience of two or more of the areas below which will support your responsibilities, other relevant experience will be developed through performing this role:
- Finance function and accounting operations
- Management reporting (including variance analysis)
- Cost and Margin analysis
- Preparation of tax compliance returns for VAT and Corporation Tax
- Knowledge of finance function processes (RTR, PTP, OTC)
- Understanding of continuous improvement and / or cost saving initiatives
Ideally, you’ll also
- Be able to build rapport and relationships with individuals at all levels irrespective of background
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written forms
- Have a service orientated aptitude and appreciation for what it means to be client-facing and represent EY in everything that you do
- Be capable of performing under pressure
- Enjoy working as part of a team and achieving shared goals and objectives
- Be inquisitive and analytical
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be IT literate and be receptive to new IT developments
- Have a passion for new challenges and learning new skills
What we look for
Strong communicators and team players. We are looking for individuals who are nimble, adaptable and resilient. Being lifelong learner who is always well-informed and up-to-date will be an advantage for this dynamic role. It is important to be open, respectful, collaborative and a generous team player.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.