Audit Senior, Assurance
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
To lead multiple engagements whilst providing support and encouragement to your team/s, reporting directly to the manager/director/Partner. The role offers the opportunity to coach and develop others, whilst working on your personal development and achieving your own career goals, working across multiple Financial Services engagements enhancing your technical knowledge and your social skills. You will play a vital role in helping us Build a Better Working World for the future of Assurance.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities will be split across two areas; your clients and your people/teams:
- Translate the planned audit strategy into effect audit procedures with the support of your team.
- Take responsibility for the allocated audit area(s) and/or delivery and completion on smaller clients.
- Deliver the assurance service for the set assignment both effectively and efficiently.
- Complete the work allocated to you by your direct supervisor, in the agreed budget and deadlines.
- Gather and analyse new and prior year/s data, performing detailed audit testing.
- Review the work completed by associates, for sign off by the manager/senior manager/partner.
- Identify business development and sales opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Generate new ideas to maximise assignment profitability.
- Gain an understanding of potential client and business issues, for example by using the firm’s knowledge resources.
- Be proactive about managing your own development, for example exploring secondment opportunities, discussing progression with your counsellor, researching new learning and development opportunities available.
- Coach and guide associates, challenging them in line with their competency.
- Build and maintain an effective working relationship with clients and their staff.
- Seek out opportunities to expand and share your knowledge, internally and externally.
- Commit to keeping your direct supervisor updated with progress reports and potential issues.
- Continuously strive to seek feedback on your personal performance, both your strengths and areas for improvement.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professionally recognised charted/certified accountant qualification (ACA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, CA or equivalent international qualification)
- External audit experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- First time passes on your exams
- External audit experience working on Financial Services clients
- Experience with a Big 4 firm
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we look for
We look for motivated individuals who are looking to take the next step in their career. We’re looking for those who want to step up and take a leading role in managing challenging engagements across the financial services industry, whilst maintaining a high level of quality across their work.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.