169106 - Business Control (AVP), Structured Equity Derivatives
1 day left
- Experience level
Your field of responsibility
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's trading activities. We fulfil this role through:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis.
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner.
- The provision of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents.
- Executing controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and raise in a timely manner to senior management.
The role is an Assistant Vice President level role and the successful candidate is expected to take ownership of the execution of all responsibilities that fall upon Business Control. These include:
- Validate Daily P&L through risk based explains and new trade analysis. This includes analytical reviews of P&L with a key understanding of market moves, new trading activities, provision validation, model parameter changes and flash vs actual drivers.
- Providing managerial guidance and supervisory oversight of the team.
- This includes effective organization, accurate execution of processes, and resolution of issues, applying subject matter expertise/judgement and ensuring timely escalation of issues to management.
- New trade/product approval after understanding of payoff structure, trade booking model, valuations and accounting implication. Liaise with Front Office and Valuation Control team to discuss and resolve issues.
- Detailed analysis of new trades P&L including payoff structure, over-hedge, and valuation methodology; challenging any breach of Product Information Pack (PIP) and Pre-trade Approval.
- Active participation and value added contribution to PC and Business projects. Be able to discuss and resolve issues efficiently in partnership with other teams.
- Understanding of Fair Value levelling; Production and analysis of Fair Value disclosures.
- Obtaining and understanding of the underlying businesses and develop, maintain and govern an effective control framework, challenge anything not compliant.
- Validation and control around the Balance Sheet to ensure accurate and timely accounting disclosures on the bank’s trading activities.
- Maintaining key relationships and representing the PC agenda in meeting with functions such as Front Office, COO, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Technical Accounting, Financial Modelling, etc.
- Managing a close relationship with on-shore teams to ensure that daily, weekly and monthly hand-offs are efficient and that there is no gap in PC’s overall control model.
Your future colleagues
Credit Suisse's Equity Derivatives business is a leading Global Franchises. The business offers a wide suite of financial solutions including amongst others Vanilla & Structured Derivatives, Structured Notes, Multi-Asset Products, Equity Backed Financing and Fund Linked Products The Equity Derivatives Business Finance Officer (BFO) function is the primary face-off to Front Office trading/management teams, Risk Management, Accounting Policy Group and Financial Accounting. The group has extensive Product Control experience and deep product knowledge that allows them to make decisions requiring a high level of judgement. They have end-to-end knowledge of the business strategy and markets. The team provides a qualitative, analytical, value-add service to the business and are accountable for the financial results. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for:
- Work experience in Financial Services industry with proven product control experience
- Degree or equivalent educated.
- Detailed understanding and experience of Structured Notes and Structured derivatives business, products and valuations, preferably Equity derivatives.
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills. Ability to define and apply logical approach to issue resolution.
- Results-oriented, proactive, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong teammate with the ability to work closely across locations.
- Accounting qualification desirable.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.