3 days left
- Experience level
About the role
The RSM M&A team in the NW has grown significantly in the last few years. Continued development of the existing team has resulted in a requirement for a manager role. The role represents a great opportunity for you to join a growing and experienced team with continued aspirations to increase deal size along sector lines. The team is highly skilled and has a great mixture of experienced senior people and junior resource. This provides a fantastic opportunity for your continued development with appropriate guidance and mentoring from the Partners/ Directors and support from the graduates and newly qualified. Opportunities exist to work directly for Partner and Directors across the country on certain transactions which will accelerate development.
About the company and department
RSM M&A team is a leader in the mid-market regionally and nationally, advising on deals ranging in size from £10m-100m. M&A operates as a National business with over 100 M&A personnel in locations across the country. RSM’s M&A team in the NW is the number 1 in terms of deal volume and has been consistently nominated for numerous awards at Insiders Dealmakers. The team advises on buyside, sell side and equity fundraising across a range of sectors including but not limited to media and technology, automotive, healthcare and financial services. Our clients are typically entrepreneurs, business owners and / or management teams who wish to market their business to UK and international purchasers and investors.
The team is very hardworking and loyal. RSM invests significantly in people development and coaching and provides an ideal place for you to continue your development and gain critical experience. You won’t standstill in M&A.
About the job
The job involves you supporting Partners and Directors on M&A including sell-side, buy-side and private equity fundraising. The job also involves you managing a team of newly qualified and graduates across the NW and Nationally on high quality transactions.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of M&A and a passion to build their experience of mid-market advisory and continue to elevate the business. You should be keen to take advantage of the support, training, and development pathways that we pride ourselves on. A genuine interest in business and commerce is welcome as is the requirement to form part of a team with a strong culture for doing the right thing.
- At least 2 years post qualified (if have undertaken post graduate training in M&A) or 3 years post qualified with at least 3 years M&A experience.
- Experience in managing day to day deal activities (£10-100m deal range) with oversight from Senior Managers/ Partners.
- Experience of preparing and reviewing high quality IM’s.
- Qualified (ACA, CF).
- Strong communication skills and high standards for quality
- You should have strong discipline, ambition, drive and a desire to progress within the firm.
- Support the team in targeting and winning business
- Contribute to competitive bid proposals and formal presentations
- Ability to project manage all parties involved in transactions and assist with negotiations
- Ability to critically review work completed by CF junior team members and provide constructive feedback
- Self starter and completer/ finisher
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.