4 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Our Chelmsford Audit team are looking for an ambitious Audit Assistant to join their team. You will be a key point of contact to clients, as you work on-site, to deliver on quality assurance assignments.
A passion for audit is at the heart of our business, and you would play an important role in helping deliver and develop the service we offer.
Overall job purpose
To provide on-site management of each assurance assignment in an efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
- To be a key part of assurance teams undertaking assignments, including opportunities to lead the on-site element of the work.
- To ensure that each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out all aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To ensure assurance quality at all times, ensuring all tasks are completed in line with the firm’s and the profession’s standards to ensure internal and external quality assurance requirements are met on all assignments
- To communicate any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision, and “on the job” training for less experienced members of staff, whether as lead supervisor or as part of a team.
- To act as day to day point of contact for the client during the onsite work and to respond to client queries on a timely basis at other times during the assurance process, practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Candidates must be at least one year into ACA, ACCA or AAT with preferred first time passes in all examinations.
- To enable us to provide study support, candidates will need to have strong academics – 5 GCSEs at C or above including B in Maths & English Language, 112 UCAS points from top 3 A levels (or equivalent). Graduates will need at least a 2:1 degree. All grades must be achieved at first attempt
- Minimum 12 months consistent exposure to assurance assignments with a reputable firm.
- At least 75% of previous experience to have been on assurance assignments.
- Eagerness to learn and grow into the role, liaising directly with managers, partners and senior client finance staff
- Willingness to show initiative and take responsibility for the completion of assignments, and to assist with managing own workload and those of staff around you to enable assignments to be delivered.
- A “can-do” attitude to working, including flexibility to work in a range of client locations across Essex and East London, sometime further afield, and on a wide range of clients.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.