Audit Senior Manager
Who are we?
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
Who are Assurance –Audit?
In Assurance our aim is to provide accounting solutions and peace of mind to our clients. Through our skills and experience we give companies, investors and regulators confidence in financial statements, business critical information or processes. Assurance is our largest service line. You will work in highest performing teams serving our clients locally and globally working both in the office and off-site at client premises.
Our audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies. We provide a quality and consistent audit offering to our clients by assembling multi-disciplinary teams to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. To help our clients achieve their potential we provide a tailored service, consistent methodology, broad sector knowledge and the latest insights from our worldwide network. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing and proactive Industrial, Commercial & Technology Assurance group. You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients. Your work will be recognised and rewarded and a solid career will lie ahead of you.
What can we offer you?
- Join the #1 professional services employer and #2 overall in the ‘World’s Most Attractive Employer Awards’ in Universum’s annual World’s Most Attractive Employer ranking in 2013
- Active social community including EYGLES, Women’s network, Charity Committee and many more
- The opportunity to be involved in our Entrepreneur of the Year Award -The program was created by EY to recognize the accomplishments of entrepreneurs around the globe and we are always keen to get support from our employees
- Two days allocated to participate in charity work in addition to your annual leave with matched funding
- Ability to buy up to five extra days annual leave
- Only globally integrated ‘Big 4’ firm built around inclusive borderless teams.
- EY&U Career development framework which includes the following:
What will I be doing?
- Provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the performance of audit procedures, with a particular focus on complex and specialised issues. Including audits, control reviews and assistance with regulatory compliance
- Develop team members by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Develop technical expertise - both functional & industry.
- Understand the clients industry and recognition of the key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Plan the engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Preparation and / or review of management letters, audit project proposals, budgets, fee / billing negotiations and recovery, and contract terms.
- Review and approve for signing all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients
- Maintain relationships with other engagement teams and monitor team progress against plan and drive performance as required
- Identify new business opportunities. Understand E&Y and its service lines and actively assess ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long term relationships and networks both internally and externally
Candidates for Senior Manager roles must have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills. They will also be expected to have shown an on-going commitment to their personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
What do we look for?
- Requirements for prospective candidates include:
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Worked on Large PLC/ Multinational clients within the Industrial, Commercial & Technology sector.
- Clearly demonstrate an on-going commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on challenging and complex projects
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & US GAAP
- An ability to manage projects and teams.
- High Technical Knowledge
- Excellent commercial, management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated business acumen
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.