Senior Manager – Finance Cloud - Data & Architecture
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Manager level consultant with a strong delivery track record in Finance Cloud - Data & Architecture adoption within Financial Services, who is able to leverage technology-based solutions to deliver business outcomes, for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with a variety of UK clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Manager within our Finance Business Consulting team you will specialise in offering leadership, insight and advice to Finance clients and lead large scale Finance Cloud solution implementation. You will be making a valued contribution to the continued success of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the business.
We are helping our clients to define their Finance in the Cloud Strategy and implementation roadmaps. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the architecture and solution design of large and complex end to end Finance Cloud implementations including architecting and designing Finance and Risk data lakes/ layers on hyperscalers like AWS, GCP, MS Azure
- Working with Finance teams to deliver Cloud value / data architecture solutions leveraging AI, Machine Learning, Robotics, Analytics, Visualisation tools
- Experience of supporting clients in Cloud data and application adoption, particularly out of the box solutions to they adopt not adapt
- Provide oversight of requirement gathering, solution design and build, definition and execution of key design decisions
- Leading the translation of clients technical and accounting requirements to application configuration in the end to end finance systems landscape
- Partner with stakeholders to create well-defined solutions that are aligned to client`s Business and IT Strategies and leverage common solutions and services to meet key project goals
- Working with client IT, EY onshore and offshore delivery teams including reviewing / challenging outputs produced by team members and providing guidance to junior team members
- Driving innovation by creating an environment that encourages innovation and being a leader in this area by implementing innovative and improved solutions through application of emerging technologies, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and bringing firmwide offerings to clients
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff as well as monitoring staff availability, chargeability and supporting the development of less utilised staff
- Leading business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients, leading proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals
- Leading the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Keeping up to date with industry news and developments
- Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Significant hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, major systems integrator or top tier consulting firm within financial services (Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance), or a transformation change role in industry - min 2 Finance Cloud / data implementations including developing finance data lakes
- A background in Finance, Risk/Regulation or Treasury
- Experience of working within the Finance or Accounts department with good understanding of the Finance reporting and data requirements, calculation requirements
- Hands on exposure and experience to Finance cloud solution delivery using the prevailing Finance cloud solutions (AWS/ GCP/ Azure data layers, Reporting and visualisation tools etc.)
- Experience in leading and advising clients for roll- out of Finance Cloud implementation including analysis, design, implementation, testing and support models
- Extensive exposure to Finance processes and lifecycle
- Demonstrate strong insight of industry trends and leading vendors for systems (Data layers: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience of 2 or more full implementation lifecycles. Typical programmes will have included: -
- Consolidation and Planning, Cost Allocation and MI projects
- Product accounting solution implementations
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- Data warehousing and data management
- Finance, Risk and Treasury integration
- Finance operating model design and implementation
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects
Finance Systems specific skills
- Strong ability to lead the definition and resolution of key Finance data architecture specific design decisions
- Providing key insights and challenges for solution reviews and technology options
- Significant exposure to Data Model & Integration Design
- Demonstrate proven expertise in review of functional and technical designs against business requirements and provide challenges where relevant
- Strong understanding and appreciation of how to leverage data architecture and emerging technologies
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate strong leadership expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing CFOs in the financial services sector
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Extremely comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
- Technical and programme management certification, where relevant.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are?
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.