Senior Executive/Assistant Director, Valuations Modelling and Economics, FS Insurance - London
Our Financial Services (“FS”) Valuations Modelling and Economics (“VME”) business, part of EY’s Strategy and Transactions (“SaT”) service line, works with financial services clients across banking and capital markets, insurance, and the wealth and asset management sectors. We advise our clients on a range of valuation matters across commercial, strategic, financial reporting, tax, and operational purposes.
The FS VME team has around 40 people based in the UK, with a further 190 people in non-FS Valuation roles across the UK, all part of a global VME network of over 1,550 specialists delivering high quality advice to our clients across the globe.
There is market opportunity to grow specialist valuation services to the insurance sector, and we are seeking to hire an experienced valuation specialist with insurance sector experience to join us and help drive this growth.
Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Exceptional modelling and financial analytical skills
- Highly driven and enthusiastic team player who enjoys working collaboratively within a diverse team
- Very strong attention to detail… but possessing the ability to step back and see the big picture
- Structured and organised, with strong project management and execution skills
- Risk management mindset
To qualify for the role you must have
- [5-10] years valuation experience in a client-facing role at another Big Four firm, investment bank, or valuation boutique
- Experience of working in the insurance sector or with insurance clients
- Ability to demonstrate intellectual rigour and commercial awareness, combined with first-class numeracy and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CFA / ACA / ACCA or similar financial qualification
What we are looking for
Candidates who are passionate about developing their career as a valuation advisor to the insurance sector. You are highly motivated and ambitious, a numerate, logical thinker, and have an intellectual curiosity about valuation. A strong communicator, team player, and relationship builder, you thrive on change, and have mindset open towards continuous learning and development.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
About EY Strategy and Transactions
EY Strategy and Transactions teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients drive corporate, capital, transaction and turnaround strategies through to execution, supporting fast-track value creation in all types of market environments. EY Strategy and Transactions teams help support the flow of capital across borders and help bring new products and innovation to market. In doing so, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients to build a better working world by fostering long-term value. For more information please visit ey.com/StrategyandTransactions.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.