Fund Accounting Analyst (Derivatives)
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Fund Accounting Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participating in a variety of fund valuation activities (including exchange traded derivative) in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure that all exchange traded derivative are accounted for and valued correctly within the accounting system and that all required monitoring and reporting requirements are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
The Fund Accounting Department is a part of the Operations Center of Citibank Europe plc. Services delivered by the Department cover: book keeping (fund accounting), financial reporting, reports delivering and archiving.
- Monitor work activities to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the funds activities in a department
- To reconcile all exchange traded derivative (ETD) products between fund accounting and the clearing brokers – position, valuation & margin for all clients ensuring timely and accurate NAV production
- Prepare daily journals for e.g. margin, accrued interest, stock loan fees and other journals
- Monitor futures/options nearing expiry and ensure they are correctly accounted
- Perform capital/revenue splits for futures and options
- Produce month end reports for the clients and reporting teams
- Carry out investigative work as necessary
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are achieved and produce complete and accurate outputs
- Serve as the Senior Checker for complex tasks
- Review aging break items and breaks over a certain dollar threshold
- Assist the team manager in audit queries, client queries, and risk related items
- Serve as backup to the team coordinator or manager
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in accounting, finance, or business-related area
- Experience in fund administration, change management, and/or project management
- Knowledge of financial operations
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- ACCA certificate would be an additional asset
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial institutions is an asset
- Competitive salary
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.