Finance Manager - Tax Accounting and Compliance
A permanent position at manager level in the Finance function. The role is ideally suited to a candidate who is looking for a felibile and agile working arrangement.
The business requires the support of a finance manager to take responsibility for the tax accounting and tax compliance matters for the firm. The successful candidate will have the relevant tax or accountancy qualification, with technical, personal and business skills reporting directly in to the Head of Finance on all matters of tax compliance including employment taxes, people mobility compliance, Irish partnership tax returns, US and India Tax filings and all VAT related matters.
This is a hands-on position interacting with the business and the finance and talent functions to ensure the firm is tax compliant in all respects.
This is a broad role and the successful candidate should have experience in many of the following areas with an aptitude to upskill in other areas:
- Responsibility for the firms employment taxes, inclusive of monitoring , tracking and assessment of the firms benefits in kind, including the provision of gifts, awards etc. to all employees. This area would also include support in the calculation of PAYE relevant to all forms of remuneration, including Ex-Gratia payments.
- People mobility, responsibility for the tracking and monitoring of short term business travel into and out of Ireland to ensure the firm is compliant from a tax, immigration and social security perspective (note : expertise may be garnered from 3rd partie experts for specialist cases)
- Preparation of tax computations for all legal entities
- Management of partnership tax returns ensuring they are filed on a timely basis
- Collation of all Professioanl Services Witholding Tax documentation and associated submissions
- Liaising with internal tax advisors for tax planning purposes, ensuring adherence to Revenue Commissioners regulations at all times
- Assist with special projects, specifically acquisition integration activities and the setting up of new legal entities as and when required
- Ensuring all tax registrations are up to date
- Responsibility for ensuring timely submission of US and India tax returns, working alongside internal specialist teams
- Liaising with internal teams as required, notably across HR, Operations, Tax and finance teams
- Manage the withholding tax process, ensuring all documentation is in place, including residency certificates
- Lead the VAT compliance process, ensuring timely completion and submission of bi-monthly returns, Annual return of trading, VIES etc.
- Review, and in some instances complete, related calculations and reconciliations
- Support regular ad hoc information requests and projects from business owners and senior management and assist on other responsibilities and projects as required
- Working and teaming alongside the finance manager for accounting and treasury activities, supporting as required
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified accountant or relevant tax qualification, with 3+ years post qualification experience
- Keen attention to detail & drive to improve quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to challenge stakeholders & performance
- Strong leadership / people management capability
- Ability to explain tax concepts to non-financial staff in a confident and professional manner
- Ability to communicate complex information in a succinct and clear manner
- Adept at dealing with high volumes of data
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced and transforming environment
- Experience of Oracle and SAP an advantage
- Excellent MS Office skills, notably Excel
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and problem solve
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple activities with competing deadline
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.