Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Redwood City, CA/ Remote until COVID
Duration: 6 months
This is a full–time contracting role to be part of the Product Strategy & Operations Organization of client. In this role, you will be supporting the global Product organization, in particular the engineering team and the cloud operations team, with their spend on hyperscalers such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
– Manage and track, monthly spend across AWS, Azure and GCP.
– Through insights and close monitoring develop cost optimization opportunities for the overall spend report on KPIs and make recommendations for Reserve Instance/Savings Plans Purchases (AWS)/ Reservations (Azure)/ Committed Use Discounts (GCP).
– Support Engineering teams with continuous efforts on cost optimization
– Act as the interface between cross–functional teams to review monthly financial reports for cloud spend usage.
– Manage monthly forecast for spend
– Build dashboards for cross–functional reporting across various Products team's strategic initiatives.
– Partner with corporate finance and IT teams to ensure the cloud spend is as per plan
– Ensure all Cloudability reports and dashboards are set up as per business needs.
– MUST know Cloudability tool or similar; understand AWS, Azure, GCP Billing structure and processes.
– Bachelor's degree from top undergrad in Engineering, Economics, Finance or other related field
– 4+ years of relevant IT, Finance, Analytics, consulting or industry experience, with proven ability to build relationships with senior business and technology leaders
– Experience defining and implementing IT governance
– Strong financial analysis and modeling skills; highly adept with reporting tools, Excel and Powerpoint
– Strong analytical and problem–solving skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
– Ability to be a self–starter, and to identify, structure and drive projects proactively.
– Ability to articulate complex, highly technical issues in a simple, succinct way.
– 3+ years of experience working with AWS, Azure and/or GCP
– 3+ years of experience in Cloud Financial Management with hands–on experience of market tools (Cloud Health, Cloudability, CloudCheckr, Cloud Custodian, etc.)
Thanks & Regards,
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.