Tax & Statutory Accountant
This will be an integral, newly-created role supporting the UK&I Head of Tax and the wider business with tax reporting, calculations & tax queries, plus some statutory accounts prep to ensure all-round compliance.
Our client is an award-winning international Pharmaceutical business based in Reading, experiencing high growth in turnover, market share and expansion in workforce. They provide outstanding training & progression opportunities and a great work life balance, with scope to work from home up to 40% of the time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering quarterly tax figures for inclusion in the IFRS group reporting
- Maintenance of the Taxrisk database & SOX controls, reporting issues and any identified risks to the Head of Tax
- Preparing accurate and timely UK group tax computations for submission to HMRC, including local CIR return
- Preparation of local statutory disclosures (under IAS 12) for inclusion in audited UK statutory accounts
- Calculating PSA (PAYE Settlement Agreement) for submission to HMRC
- Initiate & process tax payments for UK
- Preparing country by country reporting reconciliations to the Group Tax team for applicable UK entities
- Liaising with the SSC to ensure UK VAT reporting is accurate
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts for holding companies with third party provider and external statutory audit process
We'd like to hear from candidates with:
- Professional qualification in Tax (ATT or CTA) OR Accounting qualification
- Significant post qualification in-house experience in tax OR rounded tax experienced gained within an accounting firm
- Experience working within a global/complex company structure
- Understanding of IFRS (in particular IAS 12)
- Knowledge of UK VAT and UK Corporation tax legislation
- Strong systems/excel skills (VLookups, pivot tables etc)
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop within an international work environment, where you can develop your talent and realise your ideas & innovations within a competent and talented team
Generous salary, bonus, Private healthcare, Dental Cover, Pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus more on offer as part of highly competitive remuneration package.