APAC Data Analytics and Enablement Lead, Assurance (Financial Services)
The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join the APAC Financial Services Office (FSO) Digital Assurance team in our Kuala Lumpur office to Lead a new virtual team of Data Analytics professionals across approximately 10 countries in the APAC region.
This role joins our Assurance Digital team to continue to build our data extraction and analytics capabilities for our digital audit initiatives. You will be using your ETL capabilities and project management experience to support obtaining external financial data for use by audit teams in a dynamic client facing data analytics team, whilst taking the lead on inspiring and fostering a community though a virtual environment across different geography, language and cultures in the APAC region.
Your key responsibilities
You will deliver results by using data analytics to deal with large, disparate volumes of data to assist your client group gain critical insights. Your ability to evaluate, identify and extract data from complex IT systems will ensure success in this role. You will have a chance to work with large/listed clients and the latest data systems to enjoy a truly rewarding and successful career at EY.
Some everyday responsibilities include:
- Managing multiple stakeholders including, monitoring and reporting on local and Area activities and reporting against targets
- Contribution to performance management and monitoring of local market teams
- Deployment of global tools across the FSO Assurance APAC network
- Contribution to certification of new solutions and UAT testing of Global solutions
- Delivery of training both classroom and large-scale webcast
- Helping audit teams and clients to identify and extract required data from complex IT systems
- Extract and transform a variety of client financial data for use in our state of the art audit tools dedicated for audit data analytics in consultation with the audit teams
- Self promote the extraction capabilities of the team to the business and meet market agreed targets for data extraction.
- Using analytical and visualisation software to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise client data to help solve real problems and provide real business insights through identification of anomalies and unusual patterns and trends in data
- Leading the local market team to manage and deliver on a portfolio of data extractions
- Manage audit innovation projects and use programming tools/ robotics software to automate manual audit tasks for efficiency and cost savings
- Work with local and APAC area wide counterparts to efficiently deliver standard and high quality data analysis
- Develop systems skills on a range of client ERP/ financial systems
- Analyse complex data including bespoke analysis
- Identify opportunities for further work and areas of interest / added value to clients
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you’ll also have
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone 03-7495 8000.
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.