A global insurance firm currently requires a part-qualified Financial Accountant to join their Finance Reporting team on a permanent basis. Based in Dorking however currently working from home. As a member of the Financial Reporting team, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of UK GAAP, Solvency II and US GAAP Financial Reporting. The role holder will be expected to provide Financial Reporting and to embed changes in accounting requirements and other regulatory changes.
- Ensure that the general ledger is updated accurately and on a timely basis at all times, for all UK entities.
- Support the Head of Financial reporting with the monthly UK financial close process, including the overseeing of the production of key reconciliations for both income statement and balance sheet, ensuring reconciling items are investigated and cleared on a timely basis; production of reporting packs for the US and UK.
- Act as a bridge between the Actuarial Team and Financial Reporting Team to enable sufficient and consistent timely analysis and reporting of UK, SII and US basis financial reporting.
- Preparation of UK statutory reporting for entities in preparation for the annual financial statement audit process. Including maintenance and communication of the UK basis reporting calendar.
- Provision of other regular and ad-hoc reporting including, Tax, ABI, ONS and Rating Agency.
- Produce information to be included within Board Reports to the agreed timescales and requirements.
- Identifying gaps/process improvements and recommend action to reduce these gaps.
- Assist and provide input to systems' strategy (review) process changes in order to improve efficient running and maintenance of accounting records.
- Assist with external audit queries and planning for annual audit and review of reporting accounts, including delivery of detailed planning documents.
- Ensure the continued protection of our information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and Risk Management relate to both your own role and your divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Part qualified accountant, preferably close to qualification or final level of exams. ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Good technical and financial reporting knowledge in relation to accounting and regulatory changes.
- Experience leading smaller processes within the wider financial close and ability to identify and drive forward process improvements.
- Ability to contribute ideas to an increasingly changing regulatory and reporting environment, both internally and externally.
- Good communication skills, able to document and produce commentary and answer questions which enable a wider understanding of key financial movements.