Project Accountant (Japanese Speaking)
We are looking for a Japanese Speaking Project Accountant with strong core accounting experience, ideally for projects and managing contracts across the region.
Our client is a Global MNC firm that has been around for over 50 years across the world, serving clients from every industry in the areas of design, architecture, real estate and consultation.
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders, establishing successful business relationships and ensuring accurate and consistent billing and financial reporting at the project and studio levels
- Perform project start-up due diligence and follow firm's best practices throughout the project life cycle
- Interact with clients and consultants in a professional, courteous manner
- Review project work plans, budgets, and staffing plans for appropriateness to fee
- Provide accurate invoices to clients per contract terms
- Coordinate consultant invoices and payments per contract terms
- Review project labor and expense charges with Project/Design Managers for accuracy and appropriateness
- Monitor studio accounts receivable and assist Project/Design Managers with collection efforts
- Monitor, analyze, and report on variety of metrics at the studio and office level to ensure healthy business practices;
- Provide training to Project/Design Managers regarding financial maintenance of projects
- Drive and implement project financial management best practices and other initiatives as required in Tokyo and in the region.
- Possess an accounting or business administration degree with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a professional services environment, preferably with an architecture or design firm
- Strong Japanese language competency is required due to the regular engagement with the stakeholders that are Japanese who are not competent in the English language
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage different personality types
- Work well under pressure with multiple tasks and deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, prior experience with Deltek Vision software preferred
- Must demonstrate a high level of accuracy and stable work performance
- Respond in a timely manner to vendors, consultants and staff
- Highly Organized
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and detail oriented
This is a permanent opportunity in the Central of Singapore, offering a competitive remuneration package and a strong career development opportunity.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michael Seow on +65 6541 9918.