Accounting Manager, Network Services Center, Finance
- Req ID: 84182
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel:
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 04/23/2021
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Accounting Manager, Network Services Center, Finance is responsible for the accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial reconciliation of "Car Hire" - charges incurred between railways for the use of assets - per industry rules, tariffs, or alternate agreements. As a key contributor, the Manager leads a diverse team in daily processing activities, identifies & implements continuous improvement initiatives, while representing CP at an industry level in matters related to Car Hire reconciliation. They also work closely with key stakeholders to analyze and protect the financial integrity of the process as well as the efficiency of CP's assets and network.
- Interpret & apply the American Association of Railroads (AAR) Code of Car Hire Rules to ensure all receivables and payables processing is executed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Develop strategic and results-driven plans to drive process efficiencies within the Team;
- Through continuous improvement and stakeholder engagement, eliminate barriers preventing the seamless processing of car hire and interchange reconciliations;
- Initiate journal entry approvals and lead the reconciliation and financial reporting for car hire;
- Accountable to proactively monitor, resolve and escalate business issues;
- Work with both internal and external audit partners in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all car hire related controls [ Integrated Controls Framework (ICF), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) ];
- Lead by example by displaying corporate leadership competencies and strategies; hold others accountable by providing immediate positive and constructive feedback;
- Mentor and establish individual career development plans based on valuation of potential to fulfill the future requirements of the organization (succession planning);
- Through coaching and empowerment, inspire others to provide discretionary effort.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent;
- Completion of, or working toward a professional accounting accreditation (CPA);
- 3+ years of management experience;
- Self-starter who can quickly identify complex issues and implement improvement opportunities;
- Significant knowledge in account reconciliations;
- Enhanced communication skills in order to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Exposure and experience with control methodologies such as ICF and SOX;
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel with strong analytical skills;
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously under expected time lines;
- Experience successfully leading staff across both unionized and non-union environments, including understanding of Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs) considered an asset;
- Knowledge of CP operating systems [ TYES, Order Entry, SAP & Equipment Accounting System (EAS) ] considered an asset.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").