Custody Client Transitions Senior Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Custody Client Transitions Senior Specialist will manage a flexible and varied workload, ensuring an efficient and effective delivery on all client transition events and first class day to day service delivery for Transition Managers supported within the team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Custody Client Transitions Senior Specialist you will
- Plan and manage transition analysis, preparation and execution with effective use of time and resources
- Provide technical expertise and support other team members
- Lead the Client Transition Team in the absence of the Team Manager or at times when such responsibility is delegated to you
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with internal parties involved in client transitions, ensuring timely query resolution for all events supported within the team.
- Monitor and resolve failed and unmatched trades on a daily basis.
- Complete any transition event-specific tasks / reporting in accordance with client instructions / project plans
- Escalate issues and exceptions to management in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work on agreed training requirements and performance goals to ensure ongoing development.
- Escalate unusual or suspicious activity to management for review.
- Maintain and review procedures
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own behaviour
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Familiarity with financial markets, custody / fund accounting / fund administration environment
- Knowledge of State Street systems (beneficial, but not essential).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills, that include the ability to build productive working relationships across teams and functions, fostering an environment of open communication
- Comfortable with taking on responsibility and accountability.
- Strong technical, critical thinking and creative thinking skills – the range of daily issues as well as the need to come up with creative solutions to client requests requires an adaptable and creative approach.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
- Equivalent work experience with a focus in Finance or related field preferred but not essential. 1-2 years of related experience.
- Fluency in English required
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.