Fund Accounting & Administration, Associate 2
Who we are looking for:Fund accountants are primarily responsible for the timely and accurate execution and reporting of net asset valuations (NAVs) for our clients’ accounts (funds). Why this role is important to us:The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.What you will be responsible for:As Fund Accounting & Administration 2, you will:
- The fund accountant identifies, analyzes and substantiates impacts to the NAV.
- Critical functions performed include the processing and verification of all subscription and redemption activity (for unitized products), posting and monitoring of expense accruals, security transaction and corporate action review, monitoring of dividend and interest income and accruals, mark-to-market calculations, monitoring of securities pricing impacts, price dissemination and generating various accounting-based reporting.
- The fund accountant also reconciles various accounts, or reviews reconciliations prepared by others to ensure the integrity of the NAV.
- Lastly, you may also be involved with income distributions, help prepare financial statements or audit funds.
- Experience in fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment is preferred.
- Be able to conduct effective communication in English for verbal and written
- Good Logical Thinking
- Highly numerate and detail oriented
- Basic understanding on accounting and finance
- Bachelor degree or above