Senior IT Auditor I
The Senior IT Auditor I, Information
Technology (IT), is responsible for conducting and documenting audits
throughout the Corporation. This role leads audit project teams, which includes
providing oversight to the audit team and communicating results of the
engagement to management.
The Senior IT Auditor I provides technical expertise
and training to auditors within the engagement audit team and works closely
with Audit Team Leads and Audit Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and
to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the
- Leads one audit at a time at a minimum.
- Conduct and document
more complex and high risk audits throughout the Corporation.
professional skepticism and comfort with questioning how certain processes are
being performed in order to facilitate making improvements.
- Conducts first level review of Planning Documents.
- Applies analytical skills to review information, perform assessments of the audit
results, and evaluate the adequacy of controls.
- Work with the Audit
engagement Senior Auditor II or Team Leader/Manager I or II to develop the
audit objectives for the engagement.
- Assists with the development of the
audit budget and/or timeframe for how the audit will be completed based on the
objective and risk of the areas covered within the engagement.
- Reviews the
work papers of the audit team members ensuring that departmental standards have
- Communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services
- Drafts findings and recommendations for the purpose of status
updates, memos, and audit reports.
- Coordinates with other audit teams
(business unit, regional, and specialist) to ensure evaluations of related
areas occur timely and cover key areas within the audit.
- Provides training,
coaching, and auditing expertise to the audit team.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit/function.
- A College or University degree and/or entry
level auditing experience in a financial institution is preferred.
- Knowledge of
audit procedures and standards usually obtained through related work experience
and a four year degree program is required.
- Has a comprehensive understanding
of the Audit Services' Internal Audit Charter, Policy and Methodology and
adheres to all applicable requirements within those documents.
- Knowledge of
corporate policies and procedures that relate to auditing/accounting standards
and analytical skills are necessary to prepare audits.
- Knowledge of the
operations, functions, and objectives of interfacing areas is required to
properly audit operations, services, systems, workflow, and operational impact
on other areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change