Technology Risk Consultant (IT Audit - TMT Sector), Senior Associate/Manager
We enhance performance through creating risk-enabled organizations. We help clients identify important risks, design frameworks to manage them and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management. As a risk transformation professional, you will be addressing client issues such as business performance variability, business and process controls transformation and automation; application security integrity, governance, risk and control (GRC) technology enablement, business and/or IT GRC, continuous monitoring, vendor and contract risk management, IT risk management as well as to support and manage technology risk audits. You will belong to an international network of specialists helping our clients transform risk functions and implement technology solutions that support risk management and governance.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills in risk strategy, risk function design, risk management and performance enhancement. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. Engagements focus on the assessment and/or evaluation of IT systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks. Engagements may be either assurance (attestation) and/or risk consulting in nature, and vary considerably in size and complexity.All of our Technology Risk services whether assurance or consulting in nature are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, helping to improve IT and business performance.
In addition to assurance-related engagements such as financial attestation and ISAE 3402 engagements, you will focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of ERP implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis.
As a Manager within the Technology Risk team, you will provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues.
You will work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement.
Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- A recognized university degree in accounting, business, information technology, engineering, mathematics or other relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant consulting or industry experience, preferably in a professional services environment or MNC, with a minimum of three (3) years of hands on experience in delivering consulting and/or assurance services to TMT clients
- Three (3) or more years of technical/functional experience in at least two (2) of the following areas: ERP, CRM, EAM, order management and service provisioning; rating and billing; sales and marketing, revenue assurance, network and IT; and contract management
- Knowledge of leading framework, practices, benchmarking, peer company environments and prior advisory experience relevant to TMT industries’ specific business and technology functions
- Significant experience in having applied relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements:
- financial statement audits;
- internal or operational audits;
- ISAE 3402 engagements;
- ERP security and controls reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
- SOX integrated audits and/or
- application of data analytics for business process reviews (e.g., ACL, IDEAL, SQL, Tableau, Spotfire)
Ideally, you’ll also have
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction, and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.