There’s no one quite like Kerry Foods. We’ve grown from a small farmers’ collective to a multi-billion food business - keeping hold of our ethics, spirit and character all the way. Today, we stand as a leader in a competitive and ever-changing global market. We’re aiming to pioneer new ways to delight the tastes of tomorrow, so we know that we can never stand still.
About the role
Open to Remote working
Fixed Term Contract
Key responsibilities of the role:
Control & Reporting
- Deliver accurate cost of sales performance reporting and analysis with variances to budget / forecast which are fully understood and effectively communicated to site management.
- Deliver accurate new product costings working closely with NPD team members, complete post launch evaluations and review existing costings to maintain accuracy
Work with site teams to investigate adverse operational variances and develop countermeasures.-
- Support the site in its lean manufacturing development e.g. production meetings, PIPs and layer confirmation
- Work with departments on site to improve invoice FTPR and help with route causing reasons for failures and implementing changes to improve this
- Work closely with central purchasing for reporting on PIPs, ppv’s etc to ensure alignment between site and central.
- Work with production managers to identify cost saving opportunities
- Operations and Continuous Improvement
- Take a full and active role in site projects at Shillelagh to drive continuous improvements and meet site objectives.
Team Development and Leadership
- Take a lead role in ensuring finance team development and delivery by setting up, challenging and supporting team initiatives, feedback and learning and assisting in cover of other team members where necessary.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager when needed including representing the site at business review meetings and budget presentations.
- Ad hoc duties/requests from Site/Central.
- Fully Qualified in recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- 3 years post qualification experience (minimum)
- Operations experience desirable
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to support decision making.
- Communication and presentation Skills
- Excel advanced user
- Living the Purpose, Vision and Values
- Support an environment of continuous improvement
- Coaching and developing individuals
- Focus on business partnering and challenging the local business
- Relationship Building
- Prioritisation skills to meet key business deadlines.
- Personal Drive and Ambition