Group Tax Manager
A big brand, manufacturing and production business based in Manchester is looking for an In House Group Tax Manager to join their leading team. The business is looking for someone to lead and manage global direct tax matters for the Group with responsibility for tax governance and risk management, tax reporting, transfer pricing and compliance. You will ensure the business takes decisions in a tax efficient manner and in accordance with the tax strategy
This is a Global Manufacturing and Production business based in Manchester. They are a big brand business who are performing exceptionally well and are in a period of growth.
As Group Tax Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading the income tax reporting and audit process for the Group, delivering accurate tax balances, tax notes and disclosures for the interim and annual reports
- Lead the audit relationship for tax with Group external auditors focusing on agreement for key areas of estimation and judgement including the Group's uncertain tax provision and deferred tax assets.
- Drive the Group's effective tax rate with appropriate and compliant implementation of the Group transfer pricing policy, maximising tax planning opportunities and managing the Group's direct tax risk.
- Lead the Group's transfer pricing strategy, updating transfer pricing policies as required for business and strategic change. Ensure all Group transfer pricing documentation is prepared in accordance with local legislative requirements and submitted within the required deadlines.
- Manage the operational aspects of implementing the Group transfer pricing policy.
- Develop and maintain a Tax Strategy for the Group in line with business objectives and legislative requirements. Communicate with the business and finance professionals to help embed the Tax Strategy within the business.
- Develop appropriate direct tax risk management strategies. Regularly monitor and assess material tax risk and communicate as appropriate to the CFO and other internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the Group's global direct tax compliance function in achieving its accountabilities including the preparation of and timely filing of all corporation tax returns and payments for all entities. End to end responsibility for the UK corporation tax return process including final technical review. Assist local finance teams to ensure full compliance with direct tax filing requirements in all other jurisdictions.
- Lead the relationship with HMRC in the UK, managing the annual business risk review process and all communication between the Group and HMRC.
- Manage tax audits and enquiries to ensure resolution of material issues, minimising additional cost to the Group, managing tax controversy and protecting the Group transfer pricing position where relevant.
- Primary point of contact for queries from local accountants and other departments in dealing with tax authorities on direct tax matters and ad hoc queries.
- Develop and maintain effective and constructive relationships with external local tax advisors and external tax authorities. Provide ad-hoc tax analysis and advice as required to other departments and business units.
- Support the Payroll and HR Departments with tax technical advice on employment issues
The successful Group Tax Manager will ideally be ACA or CTA qualified (or equivalent) and have a strong corporate / direct tax background.
This will suit someone from a senior position in an accountancy practice or someone who is already in an in house role.
They are offering up £75,000 + a range of other exciting benefits.
The business are also known for supporting career development and offering career progression.