GmbH Investor Services - Officer
4 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
You will be part of a busy team responsible for providing a high quality service to Clients, Distributors and Investors in ensuring investor accounts are opened and updated in accordance with corporate and Luxembourg regulatory requirements. You will have the opportunity to build on your existing management experience, customer service skills and anti-money laundering regulatory knowledge, to lead and provide direction to your team, colleagues and clients and to foster an environment of customer service excellence.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Investor Services you will
- Review of static data change requests (contact data, bank data, etc) related to Investors on various systems, in accordance with applicable procedures
- Coordinate the preparation and review of notices and payment instructions for capital calls and distributions in accordance with supporting documentation received
- Oversee the use of online investor portal for upload and retrieval of investor specific documentation
- Ensuring the teams are following the paperless process with regard to filing and scanning of completed static data and investor files on to local drive for audit and record keeping purposes
- Ensuring specific steps relating to ISG, CDD and payments tasks are carried out in accordance with Policies and Procedures
- Oversee departmental procedures whilst ensuring they are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect updates to global policies and legislation
- Demonstrate understanding of investor and legal entity structures and the corresponding documentation requirements
- Work with Management in exploring ways of streamlining processes and enhancing system automation with regard to investor level reporting
- Taking part in client service level reviews and potential new client meetings
- Coordinate internal and external audit processes and ensuring timely delivery on requests
- Provide assistance to other service teams on best practice for investor record maintenance and/or for call/distribution notice generation as required
- Dealing with investor and client queries on a daily basis and ensuring agreed service levels are maintained and improved where required
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the junior members of the team through regular team meetings and one to ones
In addition to the duties listed above, the Officer may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested by Management.
What we value
- Previous experience in an administrative or financial role with proven track record would be a plus
- Proactive and willing to do what is required to ensure consistent services to clients
- Attention to detail and diligence in reviewing documentation
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Ability to manage expectations and deliver on time
- Strong organisational and time management skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- You ideally hold a degree in Finance or other qualification that may be relevant with 5 years’ experience in Transfer Agency for Alternative Products
- You have strong IT skills and master Office suite tools.
- Fluent spoken and written English mandatory. Any other language, particularly German is a strong advantage.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.