Corporate Investigations Manager
This is a great opportunity to join RSM’s rapidly growing Corporate Investigations team and to build a career in an exciting environment. We are looking for an investigations manager to manage a variety of forensic investigations, deliver advisory services to clients and assist in business development initiatives, as the team develops its market presence.
About the company and department
RSM is a mid-market professional services firm with a fast-growing market segment and a global presence. The Corporate Investigations team is currently made up of forensic accountants, former law enforcement professionals, lawyers and forensic technology experts. They assist corporate clients with confidential investigations into allegations of fraud, misconduct, bribery and other sensitive matters. They also deliver a variety of advisory services including anti-bribery and corruption framework reviews, corruption due diligence, integrity due diligence and the provision of corporate intelligence.
About the job
You will manage forensic assignments over their entire life-cycle, while establishing credibility with clients and delivering complex forensic investigations. Your responsibilities will include defining scope, developing investigative strategies, managing the investigative process, and writing detailed factual reports. Where necessary you will utilise specialist forensic capabilities including forensic technology, forensic, background research and data analytics.
You will also, when required, provide advisory services to clients on matters such as UK Bribery Act ‘adequate procedures’ reviews and, when not engaged on project work, you will be working on proposals and other business development initiatives.
About the ideal candidate
You will be inquisitive, enthusiastic and have a proven track record of solving clients’ challenges to their satisfaction. You will deliver a variety of forensic investigations in a diverse range of sectors to deadlines and expectations. You will have the knowledge and personal skills to be able to establish credibility with existing clients. You will be able to pursue new opportunities, liaise with others in the organisation, engage with potential clients and build productive long-term relationships. You will work with supportive teams and manage your team’s output.
- A proven track record of managing teams in the delivery of complex forensic investigations.
- A willingness to work on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Experience of managing budgets on client engagements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to produce detailed written reports to a high standard.
- Team leadership skills and ability to build working relationships with colleagues across the global firm.
- An inquisitive mind with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A high degree of integrity, the drive and willingness to succeed and to manage your career.
- Strong team ethos and ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Strong accounting knowledge and an ability to interpret accounting data.
- Strong knowledge and practical understanding of relevant legislation, including the UK Bribery Act, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the Fraud Act.
- Professional accountancy qualification.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.