Securitized Products Group – European DLG - Analyst (Commercial Real Estate Financing)
Securitized Products Group– European DLG - Analyst (Commercial Real Estate Financing)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Deleveraging and Lending Group (DLG) focuses on traditional Commercial Real Estate as well as Secured Lending for performing and non-performing assets and loan pools within the Securitized Products Group (SPG). This is an expanding business within Fixed Income being recognized for providing traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients throughout Europe to execute their business strategy.
We are currently seeking an interested entry-level analyst to join our Commercial Real Estate Lending team based in London. The successful candidate will be expected to provide support to the deal team in performing transaction execution and financial analysis while working closely with other analysts and associates on the team.
An entry-level analyst in the Deleveraging and Lending Group will be expected to learn the full process of originating and executing commercial real estate finance transactions. Key skills required:
- Underwriting & Execution: modelling cash flows, conducting site visits, liaising with valuation, legal and other professional firms and directing negotiations with the sponsor on loan documentation.
- Origination: build relationships with key sponsors & negotiating term sheets for new deals
- Internal Communication: communication with internal stakeholders. Confidence in presenting information in person, and ability to tailor to audience.
- Assist in deal underwriting
- Cash flow modelling
- Conducting site visits
- Create Credit Committee presentations
- Reviewing deal documentation and closing
- Participating in meetings with clients and external counterparties
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.