About the company and department
The Tax Team are responsible for the preparation and submission corporation and self assessment tax returns for a broad range of clients based in Shetland and the mainland.
We also provide a number of additional services to our clients including preparation and submission of VAT returns, payroll processing and preparation of Income and Expenditure accounts.
About the job
This is a varied role and you will be required to undertake a number of tasks working within the tax team under the supervision of the Associate Director and Manager.
- Preparation of self assessment, corporation tax and VAT returns.
- Processing payroll using Sage Payroll software.
- Preparation of Income and Expenditure accounts.
- Practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions and to budget.
- To develop and maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications.
- To develop and maintain technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or Partner.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Good standard of education, particularly in Maths and English
- An enthusiastic, self- motivated person who Is adaptable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills to relate to clients and colleagues
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Experience of a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.