Project Manager, VP
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Data Services Group is seeking a Project Manager (located in Boston) with 7-10 year of client facing responsibilities and knowledge of investment data to support State Street’s Alpha Data Platform delivery. They will partner with and internal Analyst, Development and Test teams to deliver the platform to our external clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will take part in the delivery of cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Project Manager you will
- Report to Global PMO Director
- Client facing Project Leader accountable for the successful, end-to-end execution and delivery of client-based program within agreed baselines e.g., scope, time, costs, risk, quality and with high-level of client and internal stakeholder satisfaction
- Works collaboratively with resource managers across STT to ensure project teams are fully staffed according to approved scope, timeline, deliverables ; Identifies and escalates resource gaps
- Responsible for management of the project budget, work plan, scope, issues, risks, and dependencies and all project baselines
- Develops and maintains end-to-end project plan for all phases of deal lifecycle and ensures all parties are agreed with respect to baselines e.g., scope, time, costs, risk, quality
- Ensures deliverables are agreed & approved and aligned with documented contract
- Develops and maintains issues, risks, dependencies, constraints logs; Ensures all are tracked, measured, completed and reported to key stakeholders
- Responsible for managing project P/L financials throughout program execution and ensures project is delivered on budget within approved margin
- Responsible for adherence to project costing tools.e.g, ATRACK. Clarity
- Conducts regular project team meetings to review issues and monitor project progress
- Creates regular status reports and distributes to Global PMO Director for distribution to senior management
- Analyzes change request impacts to schedule, budget, and resources
- Conducts risk management analysis
- Conduct ongoing cost analysis of the project
- Escalates issues to Global PMO Director for referral to appropriate policy making bodies
- Matrix manager of resources throughout life of the project.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Knowledge of financial services industry, investment data knowledge preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, MS Project)
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication, influencing and collaboration skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and goals
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- Minimum of 7 to 1+ years of related experience (Project Management in client facing role)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.