Tax - Transfer Pricing, Manager/Senior Manager
The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda – Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY’s market strategy and a huge opportunity for the business and EY professionals.
The Transfer Pricing (TP) competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with all types of intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a particular focus on intangible property, and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems.
Constantly changing regulatory environments have led to rapid growth in the area of transfer pricing. EY is a leader in synthesizing global developments and advising our clients. You’ll see that reflected in your career, as you’ll be working with prestigious global clients at the leading front of economic analysis. With our range of service in ITTS, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be heavily involved at all stages of the project life cycle, making this a high-profile opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities and diversify your skills and experience. It’s all about translating information from a variety of sources into quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform and advise our clients. That will include building relationships with clients in a spectrum of industries and getting to know their unique needs and aspirations to provide tailored global services. It will also mean demonstrating your leadership by supervising multiple transfer pricing engagements and contributing to the delivery of quality tax planning services for our diverse clients. You will also be:
- Applying complex transfer pricing concepts and economic/financial knowledge to resolve client challenges
- Providing a fully integrated approach to transfer pricing by preparing documents and assisting in defending transfer pricing in audits supplying innovative transfer pricing and economic ideas, alongside responsive services and work products
- Modelling financial outcomes, valuing intangible assets and developing practical planning approaches
- Coordinating work with other client service colleagues globally to drive collaboration
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management, Policy Analysis or another relevant discipline
- A minimum 5 years of experience in transfer pricing or other related work experience
- The ability to work at a fast-pace, often with shifting responsibilities
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A professional qualification in tax/accounting
- A consistent record of excellence in a professional services environment
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.