Accounts Assistant Manager/Manager
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager or Manager in the Accounts department. This is a key position based out of our Solent office in Fareham.
The purpose of this role is to facilitate the management of a mixed portfolio of UK and International clients in conjunction with the principal relationship holders (Partners and Directors). You will also be taking responsibility for all aspects of the execution of compliance engagements for those clients (predominantly statutory accounts preparation), including client meetings.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Seamless interaction with other service lines to provide a joined-up service to clients.
- Build relationships and maintain close contact with clients throughout engagements to ensure continuing good relations and the effective completion of work, including fully understanding each client’s business, future goals, and ambitions.
- Having or building relationships with a good pool of contacts, facilitating recommendations to the clients and potential prospects, creating opportunities for inward referrals. Business development activities and initiatives to promote the service line and the Menzies brand.
- Contributing to weekly team meetings from a WIP and fee perspective.
- Financial management of the portfolio lock up (work in progress and fees), ensuring efficiency and maximising recoveries.
- Manage team fee budgets for the month and billing of client work. Monitor time spent on engagements to ensure a commercial return for the business. Deal with any client queries.
- Provision of training to more junior accounts employees
- ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Experience working in general practice
- Comprehensive accounting and taxation experience including:
- Accounting standards
- Corporate taxation
- Mainstream personal taxation
- Mainstream VAT
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Passionate about developing trainees
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients' businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware that we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. Please do not contact individual hiring managers.