At Chiene + Tait (“C+T”), the success of our business is founded on being able to recruit the best people, who share our values and are driven to make a positive impact. As a result, we are recognised as a market leader and a firm that creates real and lasting value for our clients. We provide you with opportunities to drive change and make a difference.
We have an opportunity for a full time Senior Consultant to join our Accounts and Business Advisory team, with flexible and remote working arrangements. This team is with our clients every step of the way, providing business advisory, compliance, and transactional accounting support to a wide range of clients to help them achieve their dreams and goals.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for a high-performing individual to continue their development within a dynamic team. We are focused on maximising the value we deliver to our clients and work collaboratively across our firm, providing a one-team approach. You will be joining a team of passionate professionals working with interesting, challenging, and diverse clients.
About the role
- Working alongside clients to solve key accounting and commercial issues.
- Managing and prioritising your own portfolio of clients, including workflow, budgets, communication and deadlines to meet the needs of the clients and business.
- Sharing knowledge and experiences to develop yourself, peers and junior team members.
- Being a role model for our people and clients and recognising others for the impact they make by their valued contributions.
- Coaching and managing team members, building careers and technical skills to effectively contribute client deliverables and team success.
- Engage and consult with colleagues across the team and firm to provide support and advice to clients.
- Being present in the market and creating opportunities to build relationships across a broad range of stakeholders.
- ICAS / ACCA / ICAEW qualified / newly qualified with experience from a public practice accounting and advisory environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly, relish new challenges and thrive on variety.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills, able to build rapport quickly and build connections across all levels within our teams and clients.
- Commercially focused.
- A drive for excellence and a “can do” attitude.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience in the preparation of and reviewing financial reporting in compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- In-depth analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Technology savvy, strong Xero experience is considered an advantage.
- Appetite for career development and progression.
C+T brings together more than 140 specialists providing a wide range of high-quality professional services. Headquartered in the heart of Edinburgh’s city centre, we also have an office in Inverness and virtual offices in Glasgow and London. As members of a globally connected network of more than 175 firms in 83 countries, we bring world-class capabilities and high-quality services to clients, and a fantastic workplace culture and global opportunity to our people.