Balance Sheet Controller
Overseeing and developing the balance sheet reconciliations, looking to drive improvements to procedures and controls, with a focus on Inventory Management. Work closely with the other Finance Transactional Teams and the Business Partners to provide effective and efficient financial information.
My client is a Surrey based international pharma / healthcare business
Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Reporting
* Oversee and develop the balance sheet reconciliations
* Work closely with the Stock Controller to ensure more robust processes and financial implications are understood by the Logistic dept.
* Develop the month end reporting of the Balance Sheet, working with the various teams & Business Partners to provide Management commentary.
* Look to develop to Working Capital By Division reporting.
* Work with IT to allocate balance sheet items to specific Divisions
* Run the month end Transactional close process
* Provide timely analysis of the B/S Rec and follow up with the relevant dept on any issues
* Take ownership of the intercompany reconciliations
* Own the cash management process (bank recs)
* Process Flow Reviews - look to implement a continuous process improvement culture.
* Become a key finance contact to other departments (esp Logistics) and link between the Finance Transactional teams and the Finance Business Partners.
* Support the internal and external financial audits
* Qualified with experience in fast moving business, preferably in a business that has stock
* Good systems skills
* Advanced Excel skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers
* Experience in delivering improvements to financial processes and systems
* Numerate and excellent analytical skills
* Proven ability for attention to detail and accuracy
Salary of £45,000 - £55,000 plus 27 days holiday, bonus and other benefits