Internal Auditor m/f/d, Senior Associate for Financial Services
5 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to support our Corporate Audit team in Frankfurt or Munich. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
What you will be responsible for
As Internal Auditor you will be
- performing audit work using the division’s audit methodology to identify and evaluate risk, determine control objectives and verify the extent to which client control techniques meet objectives
- obtaining and analyzing evidentiary data as a basis for drafting an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls of the activities being reviewed
- reviewing and appraising corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions
- ensuring that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards, e.g. prepare the work papers as required, use data analytical techniques, analyze the root cause, draft meaningful audit results
- maintaining a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in a fast paced environment
- Ability to clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk based audit skills to business units globally
- A high degree of professionalism and proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successfully completed university degree in business or a related field; CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- A couple of years of Audit experience in public accounting and/or corporate internal audit and experience in auditing financial institutions and/or related experience managing complex audit operations or related projects
- Thorough knowledge of German and European regulatory environment applicable to financial institutions
- Fluency in German and English
- Travel of up to 35% may be required mostly to major cities within Europe
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Depending on the role work from home days might be possible
- Between 37,5 – 40 working hours per week depending on location and legal entity
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing and health programs (anonymous Employee Assistance Program, PME Family Service, trainings)
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Regular performance reviews and structured performance management
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Free German and English language classes
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs incl. volunteer work
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.