Hedge Fund Accounting Manager
Who we are looking for
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individuals with a keen interest in learning about and accounting for complex investment transactions and structures in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced work environment. Your success will be facilitated by the leading-edge technology infrastructure supported by well-developed procedures and controls. We offer you a challenging career in a rapidly expanding international company with a professional, yet casual, work environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Hedge Fund Accounting Manager you will
- Deliver the highest quality of client service and ensure appropriate KPIs are in place and understood
- Produce KPIs for functional team and perform first level review
- Act as the escalation point for operational issues, providing technical expertise as needed
- Track outstanding queries and issues; be detail oriented and prioritize effectively
- Ensure queries are being managed in a timely and positive manner
- Ensure all activities are completed in line with internal standards and review as required; ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place and adhered to by the functional team
- Create continuous improvement forums enabling teams and peer groups to identify and recommend opportunities
- Support the onboarding of new clients
- Promote a collaborative environment across businesses and jurisdictions fostering change and innovation; always demonstrate a positive attitude to all instructed business related changes
- Deliver key messages and communication effectively to ensure understanding and staff engagement
- Develop, engage and retain an industry leading workforce using all available resources
- Ensure cross training is completed across the functional team and provide specific SME training
- Prepare and assist with internal reporting activities ( risk\compliance, etc.)
- Review and coordinate onboarding, conversion, and client change activities as needed and liaise between parties to ensure successful implementation and manage expectations
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze and proactively resolve issues
- Resolve issues and prioritize actions in the absence of the direct manager
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and decisive
- Ambitious and energetic
- Strong work ethic - flexible and adaptable
- Can-do attitude with high energy
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning and growth
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience at the management level in a hedge fund administration environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Knowledge of Fund of Hedge Fund and Single Manager funds
- Knowledge of P/E funds would be an asset
- CFA, CGA, CMA, CAIA or Public Accounting experience is preferred
- 5 years of experience working with a hedge fund administrator
- 3 years of supervisory experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.