Global Indirect Taxes - Senior Manager
Global Indirect Taxes - Senior Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Indirect Tax Manager to join our Finance team. In this role you will be responsible for leading a high performing team of advisory and compliance specialists to support the business by advising on all aspects of VAT and SUT. This opportunity reports into our Director of Tax and is based in our Dublin Head Office
- Lead and develop the Indirect Taxes compliance and advisory function across Europe and the US.
- Develop good relationships across the business to ensure Indirect Tax is aware of all relevant business transactions.
- Review of all transactions, contracts and new business practices from a VAT perspective.
- Monitor changes in tax law and practice across all jurisdictions that may be relevant to Primark and assess impact of same.
- Advise and influence senior stakeholders on the commercial impact of any tax law changes.
- Work closely with the wider Tax team, including Employment Taxes and Corporate Taxes, to ensure alignment.
- Engage positively with tax advisors and authorities in all jurisdictions to continue to develop Primark’s good reputation.
- Work with the ABF tax team on aspects of indirect tax planning involving the wider group, including identification of opportunities, developing, recommending and implementing selected projects.
- Support new systems implementation to assess the impact from an indirect tax perspective and ensure systems are compliant with current indirect tax requirements and enabled for future requirements such as real-time reporting.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement to bring efficiencies to processes and technology, improve ways of working and enhance controls.
- Influence key stakeholders across the business to ensure processes and technology are compliant with regulations.
- Advise on optimum structures for new country/depot set-up to ensure both tax efficient and minimal compliance burden for the team.
- Work closely with Primark’s Head of Government Affairs to represent Primark on indirect tax forums, where appropriate, to drive changes in legislation and guidance.
- Provide VAT technical and practical training and advice to the team and the wider finance and business functions.
- Lead on any indirect tax planning involving the Primark Group including identification of opportunities, developing, recommending & managing the implementation of selected projects.
- Collaborate with Procurement and Legal to review and advise on the structuring of property and other agreements from a VAT perspective.
- Work closely with the FP&A teams on expected changes to VAT legislation that would impact on budgeting and forecasting and estimating the impact of same.
- Lead the in-house team and work with external advisors to manage the indirect tax compliance cycle and ensure that returns are prepared, reviewed and filed on time.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved or more efficient compliance processes.
- Manage any external tax audits to a successful conclusion.
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting team on the preparation and review of indirect tax postings and notes for all statutory financial statements.
- Engage with the Internal Controls and Internal Audit teams and implement procedures to deal with any identified risks.
What we're looking for?
- Accounting qualification desirable (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent).
- Tax qualification (AITI).
- 5+ years relevant PQE (preferably in a retail environment).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- European language skills an advantage.
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to ensure tasks are finalised to strict deadlines
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle experience an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.