Accounting Operations Manager, Fund Accounting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Operations Manager within our growing Fund Accounting department. This is a pivotal role within the overall division. The Accounting Operations Manager has responsibility for reviewing the work of a team of up to 15 partners. They provide a high-level sign off for the NAV process. The manager is also responsible for providing leadership for the team and ensuring an excellent working atmosphere at all times.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust’s commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards.
Why choose a career in Fund Accounting with Northern Trust?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Fund Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 250 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
- Our Fund Accounting team provides an end to end Fund Accounting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Fund Accounting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Accounting and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
- Deliver high quality service to clients, both internal and external, by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information
- Organise workload and team members in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure Valuations are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Look to meet and improve the preparation of client reporting
- Seek to learn quickly and strive to continually improve service offered
- Support the implementation of business plans
- Become involved in small to medium size projects where required
- Understand the risks in own team, help others to understand this and to recognise that risk is everyone’s responsibility
- Create and maintain a respectful and productive work environment
- Deliver training /coaching effectively
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff
Skills / Experience
- Client service orientation
- Ability to lead and develop a medium-sized team
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
- Third level qualification or pursuing a professional accounting qualification an advantage but not required
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.