Who we are looking for
Reporting to an Assistant Vice President within a Fund Accounting team, the successful candidate will act as primary Fund Accountant contact for a client or number of clients. This role will provide the candidate with exposure to all aspects of New Asset Value calculation, including responding to client queries, the on-boarding of new funds/clients and ad hoc project work. It is a unique role that requires an understanding of the NAV process and how different departments and geographical locations within State Street interact and work together to service our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting-Officer role you will
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure excellent level of service provided to all clients serviced by the team
- Oversight of the NAV calculation process and ensuring accuracy of the NAV
- Timely escalation of issues Management of Client Reporting process
- Manage fund accounting project work
- Resolve client queries
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all assigned tasks
- Ensure that sufficient controls are in place for all deliverables
- Ensure that detailed procedures are in place for all tasks
- Responsible for training and development of new staff
- Work with manager to ensure appropriate allocation and sharing of work within team
- Continuously review processes to make sure best of breed tools are used and that processes are as efficient as possible.
- Foster collaboration with colleagues, clients and external parties
- Assist team members in meeting their individual objectives
- Attend and contribute to client service calls Ad hoc projects as directed
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to less experienced staff on technical, professional and client issues.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff as required
Management of Service Delivery
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients/departments.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources with the support of your Manager.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and the Assistant Vice President informed of the issue.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators and UCITS reporting are produced and despatched as required.
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary.
- Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried out. Record the error in the errors log and track progress.
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Participate in Service Review meetings with clients if required.
- Maintain close contact with the AVP, briefing him/her on all relevant issues.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and with clients.
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and clients.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that your Manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
What we value
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Attention to detail crucial
- Methodical and organised
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Microsoft Office Experience
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a valuations environment is necessary.
- Expectation of experience in a similar role
- Professional qualification or degree in a related discipline would be beneficial
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.