Consultant, Compliance (12 month FTC)
2 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Global Compliance Ireland has a structured and risk based Compliance Programme designed to provide assurance to senior management and the Boards of the Ireland Fund Administration and Depositary businesses on compliance with their regulatory obligations.
Note: This role is a 12 month fixed term contract, and can be a secondment opportunity.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Acting as a “Trusted Adviser”, embedding compliance into day-to-day activities and keeping compliance foremost in everything that we do.
- Provision of a “consultancy” type compliance service, offering pro-active advice, interpretation and clarification on regulatory issues and formal training to all levels of Northern Trust staff.
- Participate in the Compliance Assurance Programme which includes completing compliance monitoring and testing, advising management of potential compliance problems and recommending procedural changes.
- For assigned business units, provide compliance challenge, advice and support on key developments during the year including regulatory engagement, business developments and emerging issues.
- Lead others with less experience or knowledge of specific compliance topics to drive and sustain a culture of compliance.
- Review, interpret and disseminate of current and proposed laws and regulations for assigned Subject Matter Expert compliance areas.
- Develop creative ways for embedding compliance into key operational processes, in a way that allows partners to clearly understand their compliance duties.
- Identify situations to strengthen the management of compliance risk, including those outside of their assigned SME areas, and recommend plans to address these to Team Leader Compliance and Head of Compliance.
- Take responsibility to complete/perform other tasks contained within the overall Compliance Programme, as required.
- Undertake assigned monitoring reviews in as line with the Compliance Assurance Programme.
- Monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures, controls and procedures put in place by business units to address NT’s compliance with its regulatory obligations.
- Produce timely, accurate, concise and high-quality reports.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Compliance monitoring, Audit, Risk or Control experience and/or experience of providing compliance advisory support to other business areas.
- Knowledge/Experience of Fund Administration or Depositary would be an advantage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-starter and team player
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.