Consultant, Compliance (AML) - 4 month FTC
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Ireland AML Compliance has a structured and risk based Compliance Programme designed to provide assurance to senior management and the Boards of the Ireland Fund Administration and Depositary businesses on compliance with their regulatory obligations.
The role of this position in the AML Compliance Team is to provide support directly to the MLRO in meeting regulatory and legislative requirements on a day to day basis. This role is a unique opportunity to support a busy compliance function at a time of increase in the level of focus on AML regulatory and compliance practices in addition to anti-fraud oversight.
Note: This role is a 4 month fixed term contract, and can be a secondment opportunity.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Support the regulatory change process by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information relating to AML/CTF and sanctions. Support the MLRO in the oversight of regulatory changes impacting Ireland.
- Maintain and develop local AML policy documents in line with regulatory expectations, ensuring the appropriate processes and procedures are in place to implement and support these policies.
- Investigation of Unusual Activity Forms related to fraud or money laundering, with support provided to the MLRO in any external reporting to the authorities.
- Prepare regular compliance reporting, both internal (e.g. Board, Risk Committee, Head Office) and external (e.g. Central Bank of Ireland).
- Assist with the annual entity AML/CFT and sanctions risk assessments.
- Review of daily sanctions screening results of investor accounts.
- Respond to daily AML/CTF and sanctions queries from the business and attend meetings with internal and/or external clients when required.
- Monthly assurance testing of investor CDD performed by the Operations AML Teams.
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews of the AML activities of the firm carried out by first line of defence teams.
- Build effective internal and external relationships with key partners.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous Compliance/ AML experience is a strong advantage.
- Financial Services experience is desirable, particularly in the funds industry.
- Ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and partner effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point skills.
- Accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
- A self-starter who uses their own initiative to constantly develop and improve both their individual performance and that of the team.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.