Global Indirect Taxes Advisory Manager
Global Indirect Taxes Advisory Manager
You will be working closely with the Senior Manager to support a high performing team of advisory and compliance specialists to advise on all aspects of VAT and SUT and deliver indirect tax solutions suitable to the Primark business
This opportunity reports to our Global Indirect Taxes – Senior Manager and is based in our Dublin Head Office.
- Support and develop the Indirect Taxes compliance and advisory function for our locations across Europe and the US.
- Develop good relationships across the business to ensure Indirect Tax is aware of all relevant business transactions.
- Review of all transactions, contracts and new business practices from a VAT perspective.
- Monitor changes in tax law and practice across all jurisdictions that may be relevant to Primark and assess impact of same.
- Advise and influence senior stakeholders on the commercial impact of any tax law changes.
- Proactively advise the business on all indirect tax issues and commercial opportunities, liaising with external advisors where necessary.
- Engage in cross-functional projects with senior stakeholders across the business to deliver indirect tax compliant solutions.
- Support the Senior Manager with new systems implementation and updates arising from changes in regulatory requirements; with oversight of systems testing.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement to bring efficiencies to processes and technology, improve ways of working and enhance controls.
- Support the Senior Manager with any tax audits across all jurisdictions, including attendance at audit meetings.
- Stay informed and educate the team on changes in legislation and practice and keeping relevant business partners and management updated on same.
- Provide VAT technical and practical training and advice to the team and the wider finance and business functions.
- Assist the Senior Manager on any indirect tax planning involving the Primark Group including identification of opportunities, developing, recommending & managing the implementation of selected projects.
- Collaborate with Procurement and Legal to review and advise on the structuring of property and other agreements from a VAT perspective.
- Work closely with the wider Tax team, including Employment Taxes and Corporate Taxes, to ensure alignment.
- Engage positively with tax advisors and authorities in all jurisdictions to continue to develop Primark’s good reputation.
- Work with the ABF tax team on aspects of indirect tax planning involving the wider group, including identification of opportunities, developing, recommending and implementing selected projects.
- Influence key stakeholders across the business to ensure processes and technology are compliant with regulations.
- Engage with the Internal Controls and Internal Audit teams and implement procedures to deal with any identified risks.
What we're looking for:
- Accounting qualification desirable (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent).
- Tax qualification (AITI).
- 3+ years relevant PQE (preferably in a retail environment).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- European language skills an advantage.
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to ensure tasks are finalised to strict deadlines.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle experience an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.