Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Communications and Media Solutions (CMS) is the HPE business unit providing vertical solutions to the Telco industry. With a catalogue of over 50 solutions, we provide software, support and consulting capabilities to enable digital transformation and enable us to offer revenue generating, 5G-ready services.
Employee performing this job will be part of the CMS Business Finance teams. Key responsibility will be the support of financial process and activities, from an end to end P&L and Balance Sheet standpoint, to support Business Partner with vary queries to allow them make a right decision.
This role provides exposure to the sub-regional Business and is a great opportunity to demonstrate expertise as a finance professional.
How you will mark:
· Execute month-end-close processes – preparation of journal entries, cost of sales and revenue control, preparation of daily estimates and variance analysis
· Maintain strong business controls based on audit standards; actively review and manage the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Standards of Business Conduct (SBC), ASC 606, Accounting Financial Manual (AFM)
· Review and analyze financial data, exercising a good understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives
· Collaborate closely with Accounting and Order Processing Teams to understand the impact of related processes on financial results and to ensure accurate financial reporting.
· Support our strategic and financial planning processes through cooperation with Business Operations to create financial forecasts
· Partner with Revenue Recognition Organization to enforce revenue accounting discipline.
· Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments and teams to research and interpret forecasts vs actual results and to prepare and present financial reports to management.
· Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and policy development
· Maintain a strong control for the Balance Sheet and drive accounts reconciliation on a periodic basis
· Provide support to internal and external auditors as necessary.
· Actively participate in business control processes (e.g. providing approvals for DWO process)
· Represent finance unit within the domain of responsibility on cross-functional meetings
· Develop ad hoc financial analysis and business cases for key initiatives
· Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, SAP).
· Strong communication and influencing skills.
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Good business acumen
· Ability to work in a remote and virtual environment
· Fluency in English
· First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA) preferred.
· Typically 4+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
· Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.