Experienced Consultant Belgian Personal Income Tax Compliance
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Belgian Tax and Legal practice consist of more than 700 professionals and plays a leading role in the Belgian market as well in the global Deloitte network. Our professionals are specialized in different domains such as: Business Tax, Cross-border Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer services.
Within Global Employer Services (GES) our professionals focus on providing personal tax, compensation & benefits and international assignment/HR services to our clients. We assist our clients to streamline their HR, Mobility and Rewards programs, while managing tax effectiveness, compliance and employment costs, both in a global and domestic context.
We are currently looking to reinforce our team in Zaventem with a:
Consultant Belgian Personal Income Tax Compliance
- You are part of a team of specialists that unite their knowledge and experience in providing Belgian Personal Income tax services to their clients;
- You build close relationships with your clients’ stakeholders such as payroll, global mobility and HR, as well as with the employees for whom we render services. You are their point of contact regarding all aspects of Belgian personal income tax compliance and linked services
- You assure client service delivery according to the Deloitte quality standards;
- You have ownership of day-to-day deliverables to your clients, able to apply in depth knowledge of your files;
- You will provide high quality standard and non-standard tax calculations, tax returns, tax equalizations and other tax compliance work in line with Belgian legislation and client’s policies for sign-off by management;
- You will conduct entrance & exit meetings in a professional way;
- You will supervise & coach more junior team members on a daily basis to comply with all internal processes & policies and you are responsible for the quality of their work;
- You will be part of a team reporting into management, driving technology initiatives and focusing on engagement efficiencies;
- You will be committed to deliver work in line with agreed client and/or legal deadlines.
- You have a master’s degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial sciences or a bachelor’s degree Accountancy/Tax or equivalent. A complementary degree in Taxation is an asset;
- You have 2-5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- You have a passion for Belgian personal income tax and understand the more complex tax delivery aspects, both Belgian & international;
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and/or French;
- You have a sense of accuracy and you are result oriented;
- You have excellent numerical skills and understand the reasoning behind figures;
- You have a good knowledge of Fiscalc (Kluwer) and MS Office, in specific Excel (good knowledge of formulas, pivot tables,…);
- You have strong communication skills to enable you to handle complex matters by phone, face-to-face or by email externally (your clients) or internally (your team);
- You have a client service mindset and are able to pro-actively manage client expectations;
- You have a practical and hands-on attitude;
- You are focused on implementing best practice processes through identification of gaps and leveraging technology;
- You will work well within a team, managing and coaching less experienced team members and knowing when to give feedback and when to escalate to the management;
- You will foster an environment of constant learning and development for yourself and those you work with;
- You have good planning and project management skills and be able to manage multiple tasks within set timeframes;
- You are enthusiastic and flexible;
- You manage and drive changing priorities as they arise, with a positive attitude.
- A stimulating, young, dynamic and international working environment in which personal growth and development are encouraged.
- A multidisciplinary and challenging environment where all different experts work closely and integrated together;
- Outstanding and continuous learning, training and coaching;
- Opportunity to take part in shaping our company and further grow together with the organization;
- A competitive remuneration package including a company car/mobility package and other extra legal benefits.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.