Global Tax Editor
5 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Deloitte’s Global Tax Editorial team has an opening for a tax professional to help develop and deliver international tax technical content to the global tax practice and to clients. The role involves editing and drafting content on a broad range of tax issues and managing online tax technical tools and resources.
Location for this role is flexible, as the team is a virtual team. Preferred locations are Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong, London, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Brussels. The individual that fills the role will work with team members from the US and UK, supported by our India team. This a full-time position, although some non-traditional working hours may be required when working on projects from colleagues in other time zones.
Overview of the team and role:
The Global Tax Editorial team is a small virtual team of international tax (IT) professionals. Our core responsibility is to keep clients and the global IT practice informed about key global tax developments that affect cross-border business, and to manage online tax technical resources, such as tax@hand (Deloitte’s global tax news resource) and Deloitte International Tax Source (DITS), which provides key domestic and tax treaty rates information. The group is instrumental in the development of international content initiatives and oversees external content initiatives across multiple platforms.
The group also drafts/edits, manages, and produces various other client-facing materials, such as annual global tax rates tables and country tax Highlights, and a weekly global tax newsletter, and edits content for member firms worldwide (including alerts, articles, newsletters, thought pieces, etc.). The editorial team interacts with professionals in many Deloitte offices and works closely with various other enabling functions within Deloitte. The editorial team ensures that all external facing content is accurate, consistent, reflects Deloitte’s branding standards, and has undergone appropriate quality and risk review.
In this diverse role, you will:
- Draft, edit, and publish content on a broad range of tax topics (cross-border tax, indirect tax, individual income tax, transfer pricing, employee tax, etc.) for tax@hand and monitor international tax developments to ensure coverage
- Edit the annual tax Highlights series providing an overview of the tax regimes in around 140 countries
- Make regular updates and edits to other tax technical resources, including the domestic tax rates and tax treaty rates in DITS, global tax rates spreadsheets, and other global surveys
- Understand how technology is driving how content is presented and accessed, working with KM teams to develop principles and processes for content review and editing on new Deloitte global knowledge platforms
- Work with global marketing and subject matter experts to write articles, points of view, and other thought pieces for external publication
The editorial position requires certain qualifications and skills.
- Law degree or tax-related degree
- Tax practice experience preferred
- Experience of editing in a professional environment
- Native English speaker; must have excellent command of English language
- Ability to work in a global virtual team environment, but equally able to work independently and in a self-directed manner
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills, including demonstrated skill in communicating tax technical content clearly in a way that can be understood by a broad global audience. Knowledge of various tax systems is preferred, although not required, but the candidate should have a strong desire to learn and develop an understanding of foreign tax systems
- Ability to quickly identify and manage quality and risk issues, and know when to escalate project-related issues
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and tactfully with colleagues and professionals at various organizational levels, including communication with professionals who may not be native English speakers and those from diverse cultural backgrounds to establish rapport, trust, and confidence
- Ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities, respond quickly to changing demands and a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.