Senior Consultant, Team Lead - Credit Review
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Responsible for leading a Credit Review team under the direction and guidance of the Head of Credit Review. Responsible for planning and execution of assigned components of the Credit Review plan. Experience and knowledge in credit risk and data analytics and uses expertise to provide guidance to others. Accountable for the performance management process of team members. Provides oversight and/or conducts exams, ad-hoc tests and projects based on existing Credit Review Policy and Credit Review Procedures and Guidelines.
- Conducts and / or supervises ad-hoc exams / tests for assigned components of the plan. May also be responsible for conducting the periodic reviews of the Corporation’s various credit portfolios, ensuring risk rating integrity, portfolio quality, completeness of credit documentation, credit policy adequacy and adherence to internal policies and regulatory guidance / requirements. Recommends changes to management with written analysis of findings.
- Responsible for evaluating adherence and effectiveness of the AIRB approach for assigned reviews in the plan.
- Responsible for oversee Credit Review’s Continuous Monitoring process, which monitors the bank’s lending, counterparty and investment portfolios at least quarterly (or more frequently). Required to complete and submit a formal report to the Head of Risk Control.
- Participates in developing the business unit strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the team. Follows through to ensure objectives are met.
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication. Responsible for completing the quality control function in the Credit Review process.
- May counsel lenders and business unit credit officers on specific loan situations and calls problem loans to their attention.
- Conducts reviews of credit portfolios and counterparty risk exposures to ensure the quality of credits, accurate and thorough documentation, compliance with internal credit policies/procedures, and federal/state banking laws, rules, regulations.
- Frequently interacts with partners in credit and banking and with senior management at affiliate offices to review audit and examination results.
- Keeps abreast of economic, political, and legislative factors that could affect the quality of loan and counterparty / investment portfolios.
- Advises senior credit and loan personnel on the company's overall credit policy; noting significant trends and recommending policy changes if necessary.
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Minimum 8 years of experience (2 yrs as a people manager) in commercial lending and/or capital market credit reviews, including collateral audit and loan documentation reviews, counterparty credit review experience, etc. BASEL II AIRB implementation experiences a plus.
- Knowledge of credit analysis, credit policies, procedures, documentation requirements, and applicable laws and regulations usually acquired through formal education and previous experience is required.
- Data analytic skills are required to analyze risk of credit portfolios and report to management. Leadership, organizational, and communication skills are required to execute assigned reviews and report the related results.
- Experience in credit risk related to commercial lending and/or capital markets.
- Experience in Data Analysis, which could include collecting data and interpreting data for reporting purposes. Power BI and/or VBA coding preferred.
- People Management experience required
- MBA or CPA preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.