Financial Reporting Expert, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accounting standards and regulations (IFRS, Lux GAAP, UK SORP). You will be responsible for assigned Clients and will be expected to review sets of Financial Reporting Reports and reconciliations. You will work closely with Teams Leaders and their teams to deliver work according to deadlines. You will be expected to work closely with your manager and financial reporting teams in Poland to plan and deliver projects assigned and implement changes and improvements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting Expert you will
- Provide high quality review of sets of reconciliations and reporting packs to be used in financial statements (including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Schedule of Investments, Notes to Financial Statements) for annual and interim reporting cycles
- Assist Financial Reporting Manager and Team Colleagues to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards
- Be up to date with all regulatory changes. Analyze and adapt to new accounting and financial reporting standards in cooperation with other SMEs and Business Partners as well as ensure staff is trained and aware in advance about the impact of these changes
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland and ensure proper governance and controls are in place; perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Observe, inspect and evaluate the performance of the preparers and the reviewers
- Support internal training team while preparing training materials and delivering training sessions to the staff
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems to increase productivity through the usage of information systems and other tools
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business in order to reduce to a minimum the number of queries to the Customer; track issue trends and escalate as needed
- Own adoption of new tools and solutions and strongly support technical team within the department on preparation to migration, new ideas etc.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls; evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy, initiate remedial action as necessary and ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of financial reporting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP, FRS
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressured environment
- Enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/MA degree in a related field, e.g. accounting.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.