Mergers and Acquisitions Senior Manager - Deals Tax
3 days left
- Full time
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
Our Deals Tax team works closely with our Deals practice to advise on the tax implications of all aspects of transactions including; Mergers & Acquisition, Business Recovery Services and Real Estate. Part of the wider Corporate Tax network, we work collaboratively across specialisms to drive value and help our clients succeed at all stages of the deal lifecycle.
The role sits within the Mergers and Acquisition (M&A) Tax team, the largest specialist team in PwC's global Deals Tax network. The team operates on a national basis so that no matter where individuals are located, we bring the best experts to our clients and the broadest range of opportunities to our people. Our client base is truly international and we pride ourselves on the strength of our network.
Our team is fuelled by open and curious minds who are passionate about their work. As part of the team you’ll experience unparalleled opportunity to develop your career. You'll work on complex and challenging projects and gain experience working with prestigious and diverse clients - from high profile multinational organisations and private equity firms to start-ups and owner-managed businesses.
- Lead teams to deliver bespoke, commercially focused tax advice in a fast-paced and evolving international deals market
- Responsibility for establishing and maintaining relationships as a trusted advisor; leading client engagement and acting as an account driver
- Be proactive in seeking opportunities to deliver and enhance value for new and existing clients
- Use your internal network to draw upon specialist input on tax and non-tax matters in connection with transactions
- Overall responsibility for ensuring successful delivery and management of projects
- Be a role model in your personal development, coaching your team to advance their learning and fulfil their own potential
- Be agile and open minded in your approach to new challenges and seek opportunities to enhance project delivery through new technologies
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, CAI) or Chartered Tax Advisor (ATT, CTA) or equivalent international or legal professional qualification
- Successfully lead teams on a number of M&A transactions including due diligence, structuring & tax modelling
- An understanding of indirect and transfer taxes, management taxes and international tax principles
- A proven track record of building internal and external relationships and networks, both within the UK and overseas
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
- Strong analytical, project management and report writing skills.
- An inquisitive mind and ability to solve problems as part of a diverse team
- Ability to use tax technical knowledge & insights in a fast paced commercial environment
Not the role for you?
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.