Deals - MERC - Senior Finance Manager - Dubai
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager to lead a finance team, providing decision support to business units within the Deals Line of Service. The Deals business units work across a broad spectrum of products advising clients often around buying/selling businesses and other services before/after deals including Due diligence, Valuations and Data & Analytics, in addition to Capital projects services and Forensics services.
You will need to draw on commercial and technical knowledge and have excellent interpersonal skills to drive, influence and challenge the business to achieve short and long term financial objectives.
Ideal candidate will head up a team of 6 finance professionals across Dubai and Lebanon and report to the Deals Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Deals Leader. Working closely with the business unit leadership team, you will provide commercially focused solutions and insight in support of the business unit’s financial strategy. You will participate in leadership meetings to provide support and where appropriate, challenge to the business from a financial perspective. You will oversee the financial aspects of a large portfolio including complex assignments, understanding the risks involved, the expected cash flows and opinion on the appropriate valuation of WIP.
The Finance Senior Manager will collaborate with wider Operations teams, working closely with the Human Resource, Resourcing and Digital transformation leaders, to provide congruent operational support to the business unit leadership.
As a Finance Senior Manager you will work alongside other finance functions, developing a network of key finance contacts across the firm. You will have the opportunity to build strong relationships; developing new skills. You will also play a key role in change management, leading on projects where required.
The Senior Manager will play a key role in the design and implementation of the following areas:
- Business strategy and planning
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Interpretation of the monthly financial results; recommending actions
- Performance management and improvement
- Financial control and compliance
- People management and development of others
Essential skills & attributes:
- 3 years similar experience, Minimum 8 years overall experience
- Experience in a professional services organisation is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercially minded with a deep business understanding
- Action orientated and a self-starter
- Focused on continuous improvement in all areas of their work
- A strong relationship builder who builds trust in their key stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with impact and empathy - both written and verbal
- Takes responsibility for their own personal development
- Intermediate to advanced excel and an early adopter of new technologies
Travel Requirements 0%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.