Audit Senior - Wealth & Asset Management (FSO) - Summer & Fall 2021 Opportunities: The Bahamas
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
We have excellent opportunities for Audit Seniors to join our Bahamas FSO Wealth & Asset Management team in the Summer and Fall of 2021. You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to balance your time between managing a team of assurance professionals across a portfolio of projects, and personally engaging with our clients. It’s the perfect role if you’re looking to diversify your professional management skills and experiences, all while further developing your leadership skills.
Skills and attributes for success
- Performing complex and specific audit procedures, while developing effective, client-focused audit strategies
- Coaching and managing a team of audit professionals, facilitating them to have the information, tools and opportunities they need to grow
- Proactively building relationships that support our ability to provide tailored services that meet a wide range of assurance needs and contribute to new business development
- Identifying and reacting to potential risks and developing new ways to improve our products and processes that promote growth and increase revenue
- Continually updating your understanding of business trends and emerging technologies to maintain your reputation as a trusted business advisor
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, supported by a minimum of eighteen (18) months’ work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification, such as a CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA, or equivalent; applicants who have written all their professional accounting exams but have yet to become fully licensed, will also be considered
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of current market issues in the Wealth & Asset Management sector
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders who are creative and agile thinkers, with a genuine interest in improving our audit capabilities. You’ll also need to be a capable communicator both in the boardroom and across your team. If you have the technical and personal skills to understand our clients and provide excellent services every time, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, strategy & transaction, and tax services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.