EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition, we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
EY established a Global Trade - Center of Excellence (“COE”) to help clients manage export and import classifications, assist with Free Trade Agreements (“FTA”) solicitation and qualification analysis, identify other government agencies (“OGA”) requirements, and review client transactions. The COE consists of a dedicated team of trained individuals responsible for analysing the technical characteristics of products and assigning proper export and import classifications, conducting analysis if products qualify for FTAs, identifying OGA requirements and screening client’s transactions against different lists of sanctioned parties.
Your key responsibilities:
COE team members are responsible for reviewing the technical properties of a good, assigning the proper import classification based upon the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (“HTS”), and assigning export classification numbers (“ECN”) for goods, using appropriate software tools and via collaboration with local EY Global Trade resources.
COE team members are also responsible for conducting analysis whether products are eligible for FTAs, identifying OGA requirements, and reviewing client’s sales to determine whether those should be released or escalated to the next level of review.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Monitor and manage a workload of classification assignments sent from the clients Execute key processes and documentation to effectively and timely manage classifications
- Communicate with clients regarding the products, information needed, and classification status
- Provide insight, connectedness and responsiveness to client points of contact while demonstrating a good understanding of their products
- Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas
To qualify for the role, you must have:
Classification COE Staff team members should have the following educational or technical experience:
- An undergraduate degree in international trade, international business, or a related field; Or engineering in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace, Electrical and Electronics domains.
- Relevant experience working in technology, consumer products, automotive industries (in capacities where understanding the technical aspects of the products is essential, commodity expertise exists).
Additionally, experience in the following areas is desirable but not required:
- Experience determining tariff classifications in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff System;
- Export Control classification knowledge
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Proficiency with MS Windows, word processing, database and spreadsheet software
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze regulations and procedures and relate them to operations
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English is required
What we look for:
Our team is dedicated to providing excellent client service and accurate classifications with fast turn-around time.
What working at EY offers:
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.